Thursday, March 27, 2014

Clouds





==============================================================

This is a facebook post from a scholar named Eric Richter, a friend of mine. Recently I seen this post and realized it was too good not to share. I got his permission and now gratefully present to you:

==============================================================
Realtalk Incoming
By: Eric Richter

So it's around 7:30 and I'm walking across campus towards my car, listening to Unraveling from the Shame soundtrack through my headphones. The track is completely beautiful and serene sounding. One of those pieces that make you forget everything but the music and the emotions you're feeling because of it.

As I'm listening, I notice the sky and there are these gigantic clouds settling over the horizon, the tops of which are perfect white, but cascade downward through a perfect sepia gradient, all the way until they blend with the grey sky. You may have seen some people posting pictures of these clouds on Facebook, but I sincerely hope you saw them in person because there is no comparison.

Anyways, I'm walking, staring at those clouds, and listening to that track, thinking about the trees and the clouds and the grass, and eventually everything that holds any relevance in the world was absent from my mind. There was no love, hate, war, peace, ideology, politics, dinner plans, YouTube videos, homework to do, nothing. None of it mattered. It was like I was looking at the world without blinders on. Almost as if I was seeing the future, or the end of time, where all the answers are given to you. It was like I knew the truth of the world.

I realize that sounds like I'm on acid.

But all of that happened simply because I was admiring the natural, artistic beauty of the world, and listening to emotional music. Tomorrow I challenge you to keep an eye out for the natural beauty of the world, and appreciate it for what it truly is.
==============================================================

The Music Being Listened To:

The Actual Clouds:
Photographer: Andrew Brown
(Another Scholar)
==============================================================

"Stillness is when time stops. It can be the time it stops just for you. This is an opportunity. Back away and look at what is there. Dont miss it because time may never stop again."

"Looking at the clouds can only work with imagination. Have you no desire to look at the clouds then you will not be able to reflect on it. Have you no reflection then you will not be able to better yourself and it would all be because you didn`t stop. Not even for a moment to look at the clouds."

"Nature is there. If we miss it then it is our fault."

"Nature is here for peace as clouds are here to drift. Wind is here to feel as you are here too."

==============================================================
(Quotes by Robert Warren)
(Creator of this blog)
==============================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment